Background

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break Card Fest!

Well, it has been a while since my last post.  I have been very busy and haven't had a lot of time to make any cards, but I am on spring break this week and finally got some gumption to do something in my scrap room.    I am going to try to post more often in the future but since I have some catching up to do I have a bunch of cards to post in today.  If you have any questions about what I used let me know I will try to answer those questions, if I can remember.  My memory has always been bad, but as you get older it just keeps getting worse.  Anyway,  I hope you enjoy these cards, let me know what you think.  Enjoy!












I haven't figured out what to say on the inside of this card.  I was coloring the polka dots when my Copic marker dripped a huge drop on the center polka dot on her underwear.  I tried to fix it but it still looked smudged, so my mom told me to make it look like she pooted/fluffed/let wind (however you want to say it), so I did but now I do not know what to say in the card.  I was going to put something on the front, gave up and just put a ribbon instead.  If you have any suggestions let me know.  I would appreciate it.  I am also aware that the ribbon does not match perfectly but as I said I did the best I could to salvage this card and now I am at a loss as to how to finish it off.








This card is very similar to one done on the New Hero Arts Challenge Blog called A Blog Named Hero.  Nichol Magouirk posted a video on the site showing how to use markers to color a stamp and I had tried it but was not very successful.  I have recently seen on sites that if you are going to use markers you have to huff or blow on them with your breath to remoisten the marker ink before you stamp.  After I saw her post and then saw her huff on hers I had to try it.  So I went to Michaels and found a Hero Arts stamp very similar to what she used ( not that I had to buy a new stamp but what the hey) and came home and tried it out.  Now I will admit I did make my card very similar to hers but it was mostly just to try out the technique.  Hope you like it.  And make sure to bop on over to Hero Arts and get a look at their new website.

No comments:

Post a Comment