Background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rubber Stamp Shelf

I wanted to get my rubber stamps out of the drawer I had them in so I could actually see them and use them.  So I asked my husband if he could build me a new shelf for my rubber stamps.  So I wanted y'all to see the process in case you wanted one as well.

We built it using yard sticks, so there was not cutting or sanding.  All we had to do was a little drilling so as not to split the wood on the yard sticks.
First we put the shelves together.
There were 12 shelves in all.



Then we attached one of the top shelves and the bottom shelf to the supports.



Then we started adding the other shelves to the measurements that I wanted.  You may want to vary yours depending on what size rubber stamps you have.  Oh, and what is cool about using yard sticks is the measurements are right on the wood for you so you don't even have to measure just place everything on the correct numbers.  Also make sure the the supports are all facing the same way, if you want to make it easy on yourself.
Anyway so here is what it looks like as we are adding the other shelves.



And here it is all done.


I think it turned out Great!  I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie,

    What a fantastic idea. I must get my husband working on one of these!!!!

    Saw your cards on CardsTV great job. I especially loved the jar with flowers!

    ReplyDelete