Background

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What I have been doing lately!

I just wanted to show you some of the things I have been working on lately.  I hope you like them.  I have been trying some new things such as working with alcohol inks, and colored embossing powders.  I love trying new things. Don't you?
These are some Gratitude notebooks I made using a template from Basic Grey that I got from Kristin Werner's blog.  I just love these and I have surprisingly used mine.

This is a banner stamp that I bought that I have been wanting to use and I just love how it turned out.  The set is from Making Memories called Dilly Dally.

I made this one mostly because I do not have enough birthday cards and I need to make more, but I thought it turned out very cute.

I was just trying to make a background with this one using Tim Holtz Distress stamps.  I used Tumbled Glass for the sky and Peeled Paint for the grass.  I do love his colors.

This one I was also trying out the Tim Holtz stamps for backgrounds and used a stamp set I have had for a while from Autumn Leaves, it was a $1 stamp and the background stamp, stem, is from Basic Grey.

This card I decided to try making my own background with Tim Holtz Alcohol inks and it was such a pretty blue that it reminded me of water so the first thing I thought of was a frog.  So I had bought Frogs and Kisses from Lettering Delights months ago and just fell in love with this little guy.  The frog and the lily pad both came from that collection.  The wavy back ground paper is from Basic Grey the Lauderdale Collection and hello letters are green fabric Thicker letters that I covered in glitter glue from Studio G.

 

This card I did because I just fell in love with the shark stamp this is from a Recollections stamp set called Fun Fish and the little island is from a stamp set from Stampendous called Chantigo Pirates.  The background was made using some Studio G and some Tim Holtz ink pads and the Tim Holtz blender pad.

This card was made using a stamp from Hero Arts called Outline Magnolia.  I actually made three layers using the stamp as a guide and pop dotted them to each other to make it more 3D, but you can't really see it in this picture that well maybe I will take another one and add it into this blog later so you can see what I am talking about.   It turned out better than I though it would, then I added some paper from DCWV paper form their Lemon Flower collection, I just love the papers in that collection.  I added a little ribbon I got at the Michaels dollar section and Voila!
This card I was just playing around with some new colored embossing power I got from Recollections in green.  I used it on the vellum with the sentiment and with the biggest layer of the flower.
Here I was trying something new again, by working on just making tags.  My best girlfriend, Gina, was telling me that tags are a really fun way to create something quick and you can use them on gifts and cards and crafts of all kinds.  So I thought I would try it and guess what it is fun!, and she was right again.  Sometimes, I forget that she knows me better than I think she does.  Anyway, it is also a good way to use up scraps because they do not require a lot of paper.
Also I got a new svg cut file from SVGcuts.com of 3D letters and made this for my family room.  These took some work to make and get the files to line up correctly but they turned out to be very cute.  I just love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment